Senna is a plant that grows in Al-Hijaz (Western Arabia) and the best kind of it grows in Makkah. Sana Makki (senna leaves) is a true miracle of my Allah's creations & it is one of the valuable herbs of Tibb-e-Nabwi, they works as a natural laxative and is often taken in a capsule, pill, granule or tea format.
Sana leaves in Quran
Mountain of sana leaves is mentioned in Holy Quran.
"By the fig, by the olive, by the Mount Senai, by this secure city, assuredly We have created men in the goodliest mould."
Sana leaves in Hadith
Prophet (peace be upon him) asked Asma' Bint 'Umais (may Allah be pleased with her)
"How do you deal with constipation?" She said, "By using Shubrum (euphorb piteous)." The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "(It is) hot and to strong laxative." She then said, "I also use Senna," and the Prophet (peace be upon him) replied, "If there is a cure that prevents death, it would be Senna."
[At-Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah]
Abdullah ibn Umm Haram (may Allah be pleased with him) said that he heard the Prophet (peace be upon him) saying
"Use Senna and Sanoot (cumin), because they cure every disease, except Saam." He was asked, "What is Saam?" He said, 'Death.'"
[At-Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah]
Few treatments by Sana leaves
- Senna is hot and dry in first degree and it is a good mild medication that does not cause any side effects.
- Senna leaves are very useful medicine against constipation.
- Senna helps against bile and black bile ailments and strengthens the heart, which is another good quality that this medication contains.
- Senna is useful against melancholic obsession and corporal incisions, relaxes the muscles and improves the hair.
- Senna also helps against lice, headache, mange, pustules, rashes and epilepsy. It is better to cook the Senna whole and drink three measures of its soup than cooking it crushed. Also, it is better to cook the Senna mixed with violet flowers and red raisins, after removing the seeds.
- Senna and fumitory help extract mature humors (bodily wastes) and helps against leprosy and rashes, when one takes four to seven measures of each remedy.
Sana Leafs for black magic or demonic possession
Sana leaves is very useful in removing black magic, they are given to the patient for eliminating the material from the body that are used to cast black magic. The sick person should go and get some senna and put it in a vessel containing a litre of water. This should be boiled on the fire, then strained and left to cool. Then the sick person should drink three cups of it on an empty stomach. Honey may be added to sweeten it. After that the sick person will experience a strong loosening of the bowels. The effects of the drink should appear within seven hours and last up to twenty two hours, and may be accompanied by a mild stomachache, but without any infection in the intestines. When the senna drink begins to take effect, he will void all the dirt that is in the stomach, and thus the substance used for blackmagic will be expelled - if Allaah wills. This has been tried in many cases and has been beneficial, by the bounty and grace of Allaah